EPD v2.0.5 is out

Hey there, Version 2.0.5 brings a new unified prefabs (EPB) browser. Until now, there were different browsers in EPD, whether the yaml value was the blueprint's filename, groupname, spawnname or set name in Fixed POIs. Now there is only one prefabs browser, that will show the appropriate value in the…

Continue Reading EPD v2.0.5 is out

Dev Blog: New Multi-Item-Editor (Batch Editing of Items)

After several failed attempts to implement a multi-item-editor, it finally seems to be working. Needs still some testing, but the first results look promising. The way it works is, that I will manually enable properties throughout the playfield for multi-editing. Those enabled-for-editing properties will then be visible and editable, as…

Continue Reading Dev Blog: New Multi-Item-Editor (Batch Editing of Items)

Dev Blog: Guess who’s coming back!

The last few days I've reworked the networking and EPDMod code to be finally compatible with the new ModAPI. For now it already seems to be working fine, but some further tests and refinements are still needed. I'm guessing that I can provide a new version on Friday or Saturday…

Continue Reading Dev Blog: Guess who’s coming back!

Dev Blog: New BiomeClustersBrowser

The last few days I've been thinking about how to improve the BiomeClustersBrowser into something a little more helpful in regards to all the data one biomecluster can hold. So I decided to collect the most important information of the cluster and present it right away in the browser, so…

Continue Reading Dev Blog: New BiomeClustersBrowser

Dev Blog: New Cleaner & Bugfixes

For the last few days I have been working on completely rewriting the 'Cleaner'. This piece of code deletes all the empty properties before writing a yaml file. It already existed in EPD before, but it wasn't very reliable and did not clean every single property. Now it should work…

Continue Reading Dev Blog: New Cleaner & Bugfixes

Dev Blog: New Scenario Selector

Current State of Development During the revision of the Save routines I thought about which paths I should offer in the SaveAs dialog. After some time back and forth and testing around, I decided to add a scenario (or also 'Main Game') selector to the 'Create New Playfield' block. This…

Continue Reading Dev Blog: New Scenario Selector

Dev Blog: New Custom RandomPlayfield SaveAsDialog & Refactoring

I'm still in the process of converting the entire framework around the editors and the main interface to MVVM. There are still some routines that need to be adapted. But altogether, I'm making good progress. New Custom RandomPlayfieldSaveAsDialogCurrent Development State of Main UI Recently I was busy adjusting the Save/SaveAs…

Continue Reading Dev Blog: New Custom RandomPlayfield SaveAsDialog & Refactoring

Dev Blog: Under the Hood

At the moment I am working on the substructure of EPD. Nothing to show off in a big way. When I started to code EPD, I was just beginning to learn WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation). Over the years I've gotten to know new development patterns and have partly implemented them…

Continue Reading Dev Blog: Under the Hood